Type someone's name
Completed is the world's first standardized rating system for all people in business. Search for someone and rate them. If they don't exist, add them to Completed.
Melody Thompson doesn't have any reviews yet
As a partner at Health Care Compliance Advisors LLC, Melody Thompson spearheads efforts to bring clients into compliance with various industry, state, and federal regulations. The professionals at this research, compliance, and auditing company are dedicated to assisting healthcare organizations and providers in improving their practices.
Below are some of the services that Health Care Compliance Advisors LLC offers to its clientele.
-Compliance programs and monitoring services: Maintaining compliance with industry, state, and federal regulations is critical if healthcare providers want to stay in business. These programs assist healthcare organizations in achieving alignment with regulations and maintaining these high standards.
- Medicare and Medicaid audit defense: This support protects clients during audit proceedings.
- Practice management consultation services: Managing a practice is very different from practicing medicine, and sometimes physicians can benefit from a third party's perspective. With these services, the company supports the goals of physicians by helping them manage their practice in a way that will achieve their objectives.
- Due diligence (including coding and regulatory compliance): Coding and regulatory compliance are essential, and it is important that each and every physician understands how these processes work when run properly.
- Coding and regulatory research: Understanding the appropriate way to code medical services is key in accurately billing clients. Additionally, it is important that physicians have access to information about industry regulations. Melody Thompson and the rest of the team research coding and regulatory standards to ensure that all clients have the most up-to-date information.
- Strategic planning: Planning for long-term practice growth is important for physicians who want to keep their business going.
Melody Thompson has built a successful career through her diligence and dedication. Below is a brief overview of her experience and how she has developed the skills necessary to serve her clientele.
Melody is a graduate of Mary Washington College in Fredericksburg, Virginia. Here she earned a bachelor of science in biology. The competitive program allowed her to gain a strong understanding of the subject area that she chose. Additionally, this experience instilled in her an appreciation for the healthcare industry.
This appreciation was coupled with an interest in business. As an individual who was intrigued by how businesses are run and what sets successful endeavors apart, Melody made the decision to go to graduate school. She studied at the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul, Minnesota, where she earned a master of business administration.
The graduate experience allowed Melody Thompson the ability to focus her studies on the healthcare field in particular. Seeing how medicine and business intersect was fascinating to her, and she knew that she wanted to pursue a career that allowed her to help physicians make their practices successful.
Melody joined the Health Care Compliance Advisors team in 2010. As a senior consultant, she offers experienced guidance to clients. Her areas of interest include:
- Physician practice management services
- Strategic planning
- Coding review
- Documentation review
- Managed care contracting
- Managed care review
From 2011 to 2012 Melody Thompson served as the vice president for physician practices at Southeast Georgia Health System. A 344-bed community-based non-profit hospital, this organization provided her with the opportunity to lead the growth of physician practices. Additionally, she managed this facet of the organization, ensuring that physicians had access to the resources they needed to thrive. Ultimately, she held responsibility for over 100 individual providers across three cities and 38 individual locations. Some of her accomplishments include:
- Designed infrastructure to support rapid growth.
- Increased number of team physicians by 38 percent through the recruitment of 12 new professionals specializing in key fields, including general surgery, hospital medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, neurosurgery, neurology, internal medicine, and pediatrics.
- Developed and implemented the very first comprehensive strategic health system outpatient growth plan for the organization.
Melody Thompson held a similar position from 2009 to 2010 at University Health Care System in Augusta, Georgia, where she was the vice president for physician services. This was a 612-bed community-based non-profit hospital, and Thompson collaborated with other senior leadership professionals to develop a strong management approach with regard to physician groups. Key achievements include:
- Saved over $500K in staffing, rent, and resources by consolidating three individual primary care offices into one location.
- Rewrite customer agreements and modified pricing regarding outpatient EMR department, bringing the budget to neutral.
- Hired 10 new physicians focused upon family practice, internal medicine, interventional radiology, cardiothoracic surgery, and endocrinology.
From 2004 to 2009 Thompson was employed at the Medical College of Georgia Physicians Practice Group. She started as the director of business support services and held this position for four years. She was then promoted to associate vice president of business services in 2008.
In these positions, Thompson was able to serve as a leader who focused on strategic and operational functions. In the associate vice president role she renegotiated managed care to increase revenue by an estimated $6 million. Additionally, she developed a $34 million new campus project and implemented the first marketing campaign for the practice as a group.
Ultimately, Thompson has dedicated her time and energy to improving physician services. By taking care of the business side of healthcare organizations, she has equipped hospitals and other medical facilities with the resources they need to provide high-quality patient care. Melody Thompson enjoys the ability to improve the health and financial wellbeing of others through her work, and anticipates continuing to serve her clients with enthusiasm.
Melody Thompson is proud of the work that she does at Health Care Compliance Advisors LLC. She looks forward to continuing to serve her clients and contribute to the growth of the brand.
Currently, the team is focusing on expansion by increasing the awareness of target clients about what they do and how they can assist physicians in improving their practice. Thompson is confident that a new marketing strategy is going to take the organization to the next level. This growth, though, will not impact quality or efficiency. Every client will continue to receive the exceptional support that they deserve.
The growth strategy that Melody is working on implementing is focused on operational processes. She is looking forward to moving up in her career, and wants to branch out in terms of the types of clients that she takes on. She is particularly looking forward to future work with attorneys who work within the healthcare sphere. Additionally, she anticipates taking on clients in the form of venture capital and private equity firms.
The healthcare industry is one that is continually changing. This is due to politics, research, and technology. With new treatment options and resources at their disposal, physicians must adjust their practice in order to incorporate cutting-edge therapies into their work. Additionally, political changes, like Obamacare, can have a major impact on the healthcare field. Melody Thompson is making certain that she stays up-to-date on these changes to ensure that she provides relevant, accurate guidance to her clients.
06/2011 to 04/2012 - Vice President for Physician Practices
05/2010 to 12/2099 - Partner & Senior Consultant
11/2009 to 07/2010 - Vice President for Physician Services
10/2004 to 11/2009 - Associate Vice President, Business Services
01/2003 to 01/2004 - Interim Administrator
01/2001 to 01/2003 - Administrator
N/A to N/A - Administrator
No Greatest Attributes Specified
No Greatest Business Achievements Specified
No Worst Failures in Business Specified