Currently, Dr. Albert Alt is the Chief Financial Officer of the Sweetwater Union High School District. His job requirements for that particular position include:
• Oversee departments including finance, internal audit, payroll, purchasing/warehouse, information technology, accounting, facilities construction accounting, nutrition services and printing.
• Responsible for development and oversight of the district’s general fund budget of over $350 million dollars as well as a construction budget of over $300 million dollars.
• Responsible for internal audit functions and internal district-wide controls.
• Develop long and short-term financial and strategic plans.
• Responsible for treasury management and debt issuance in the form of bond levy, bond anticipation notes and other forms of debt.
• Serve as key resource in developing the district’s collective bargaining position.
Prior to Sweetwater Union High School District, Dr. Albert Alt Served Yuba Community College for nearly a decade in two different positions; Vice Chancellor of Administrative Services and as the Director of Personnel Services and Human Resources Development.
As the Vice Chancellor of Administrative Services, he was responsible for direct oversight of the following departments:
● Human Resources, Facilities Planning and Construction, Purchasing and Contracts, Fiscal Services, Police Department, Printing as well as;
● Responsible for development and oversight of the District’s General Fund budget ranging from 45 million to 50 million in general fund and an additional 15 million in categorical funds
● Oversee construction and renovation of District facilities through
● Bond construction totaling over 200 million dollars
● Oversee annual fiscal and performance audit for the institution, foundation and general obligation bond
● Serve Risk Manager responsible for all risk, property and liability issues
● Develop and recommend District’s fiscal position relative to collective bargaining
As Director of Personnel Services and Human Resources Development, he was responsible for the following;
● The development of cost projections for long range staffing plans.
● The development of all district budgets for personnel costs.
● Responsibility of all aspects of comprehensive human resources.
● Responsibility of all personnel legal affair and district liability.
● Responsibility of all aspects of employee/employer relations.
● Management and development of Equal Employment Opportunity processes within the district.
● Development and recommendation of strategies to maximize resources.
In addition his busy work schedule, Dr. Albert Alt is committed to spending quality time with his family. The family enjoys participating in outdoor activities together including horseback riding, mountain biking, hiking and more. He and his family travel often throughout California, seeking new activities to experience together.
Dr. Albert Alt received a significant amount of quality education to get him to where he is today. So far, he has 13 years of work-related experience in multiple industries under his belt. But before entering the work force, Alt attended multiple colleges where he earned several degrees.
Dr. Albert Alt started his education at San Jose State University. It was here that he received his Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice Administration in May of 1995. A few years later, in May of 1999, Alt finished a Master in Business Administration from California State University. More recently, in 2012, Alt earned a Doctor of Higher Education from Drexel University. His doctoral dissertation, which he wrote during his time at Drexel, focused critical services necessary for at-risk student populations to attain their educational goals.
After earning these degrees from some of the top institutions for higher education, and graduating with a 3.96 GPA, Alt continued in his pursuit of success by becoming a businessman. Since receiving his education, Dr. Albert Alt has gained experience in working for a multitude of different fields. His full work experience includes education/administration, risk management, construction, finances and human resources. Since his career began, Alt has acquired numerous responsibilities and job promotions. A full list of his work experience includes the following positions:
● From August 2001 until July 2003, Alt served as the Director of Human Resources and Affirmative Action Director of Safety/Security for Feather River Community College District. It was here that he:
○ Managed the operations of Human Resources, Personnel Services, Faculty and Staff Diversity and Safety/Security.
○ Had responsibility of serving as District Negotiator for five organized groups, three of which were unionized.
○ Had responsibility of all factors of recruiting, hiring, making employment policies and procedures, promotion, salary management, and termination of employees.
○ Developed and managed the annual personnel budget of approximately eight million dollars. This included the development of simulations and forecasts for staffing and expenses.
○ Served as the Assistant Risk Manager for property and liability.
○ Was an Advisory Committee member for Joint Powers Authority, which provides health and welfare benefits to the district.
○ Developed and coordinated campus crisis as well as emergency response and planning. Coordinated security for all campus events and sporting events.
● From July of 2003 until 2009 Dr. Albert Alt has served as the Director of Personnel Services and Human Resources at Yuba Community College District. His responsibilities for this position have included and continue to include the following:
○ Development of cost projections for long range staffing plans.
○ Development of all district budgets for personnel costs.
○ Responsibility for all aspects of comprehensive human resources including managing recruitment, hiring, health benefits, staff development, reduction in force and discipline and personnel policies.
○ Responsibility for all personnel legal affairs and district liability.
○ Responsibility for all aspects of Employee/Employer relations including serving as Chief Negotiator with collective bargaining groups.
○ Management and development of Equal Employment Opportunity processes within the district, including investigation of discrimination complaints.
○ Development and recommendation of strategies to maximize resources.
● From July of 2009 until June 2012, Dr. Albert Alt worked as the Vice Chancellor of Administrative Services at Yuba Community College District. It was here that he:
○ Was responsible for overseeing the following departments: Human Resources, Facilities Planning and Construction, Purchasing and Contracts, Fiscal Services, Police Department, and Printing.
○ Was responsible for development and oversight of the district’s general fund budget, which ranged from 45 million to 50 million in general fund as well as an additional 15 million in categorical funds.
○ Was responsible for overseeing construction and renovation of district facilities through bond construction, which totaled to over 200 million dollars.
○ Was responsible for overseeing annual fiscal and performance audits for the institution, foundation and general obligation bond.
○ Served as Risk Manager responsible for all risk, property and liability issues.
○ Developed and recommended the district’s fiscal position, relative to collective bargaining.
● From February 2013 until the present time, Dr. Albert Alt has served as the Chief Financial Officer of Sweetwater Union High School District. Since he attained this position he had continued to:
○ Serve as a senior executive with oversight of the following departments: Finance, Internal Audit, Payroll, Purchasing/Warehouse, Information Technology, Accounting, Facilities Construction Accounting, Nutrition Services, Mail, and Printing.
○ Have responsibility for development and oversight of the district’s general fund budget of over $350 million dollars as well as a construction budget of over $300 million dollars.
○ Have responsibility for internal audit functions and internal district-wide controls.
○ Develop long and short-term financial and strategic plans.
○ Have responsibility for treasury management and debt issuance in the form of bond levy, bond anticipation notes and other forms of debt.
○ Serves as key resource in developing the district’s collective bargaining position.
Because of his wide-range of positions held, Dr. Albert Alt has become a well-rounded businessman and individual with skill sets in a variety of industries. Though he has committed his life to multiple career-ventures, Alt has also remained as a dedicated father and family member. Over the years, he has spent much of his free time seeking outdoor activities for his family to experience together. He has also spent some of his time travelling to locales in California as well as Hawaii, which he says is his favorite vacation spot. The rest of his free time in the past was devoted to serving as a volunteer for the Rotary Foundation. As a member of this foundation, he has invested time and energy into neighborhood beautification as well as fundraising for special causes.
Alt’s management experience has provided him with the deep desire to lead others to success by example. He continues to stay committed to learning by taking on new experiences and positions to benefit his career and provide the attainment of his long-term career goals. Dr. Albert Alt is satisfied with the positions he has held and only hopes to pursue even more challenges to better his career in the future.
Dr. Albert Alt will continue to lend his unwavering commitment to serving students and the public in his position as Chief Financial Officer of Sweetwater Union High School District
As CFO of Sweetwater Union High School District, Alt aims to maintain committed responsibility for developing and overseeing the district’s general fund budget of over $350 million dollars. He will also maintain responsibility for internal audit functions and internal district controls. He hopes that in the future, he will develop successful long and short-term financial and strategic plans that will benefit the overall financial health of the district.
Most importantly, Dr. Albert Alt hopes to continue to provide his family with the emotional support they know and deserve. He hopes to have more time for outdoor activities with family as well as time to enjoy his hobbies including golf, horseback riding, hiking and travel. He sees many more family trips across California in-store for the near future. Alt also hopes that he will return back to Hawaii, sooner rather than later, as he says it is his favorite vacation spot to visit.