David Munoz, Rutherford, N.J., resident, is truly at the forefront of international finance. He is currently employed within the global operations management division at Deutsche Bank, and he brings to his work a wealth of experience and a number of distinctions:
- He serves with the title of Senior Operations Executive, and has more than 17 years of overall experience in a number of industries. His diverse experience encompasses sports, media, communications and beyond.
- He boasts more than a decade of experience as the senior director of a global organization.
- Munoz has experience working for multiple global organizations with direct management experience, as well as client support and vendor relations tenure spanning multiple regions.
- His skillsets include managing message, direction and developing teams.
- He developed business relationships, engaged in negotiations and formalized client contracts during the expansion of business for the National Basketball Association into the markets of Asia and Europe.
- When asked about what makes him truly unique—and uniquely effective—as a professional, Munoz notes that he has particular expertise in process management, budgeting and staff development. The latter category is his favorite aspect of his work, as he loves to position others for ongoing success.
On a more personal level, David Munoz, Rutherford, N.J., resident, is happily married, and he and his wife have three boys. He loves sports, and is especially fond of basketball. He enjoys traveling to Spain to see his in-laws, as well as coaching his kids in their sports teams.
David Munoz, Rutherford, NJ resident, has enjoyed a truly diverse and rewarding career. He has worked in many positions for several companies spanning a number of industries; he has enjoyed ties with leading banking companies and the NBA, among many others. Through all of this, he has maintained his focus on client relations, on team building, and on seeking to challenge himself anew, each and every day.
Of course, all of this career momentum began with his education, and he certainly received a fine one. He attended King’s College from 1992 through 1994, and Seton Hall University from 1994 through 1995.
Currently, David Munoz, Rutherford, N.J., resident, is employed by Deutsche Bank. He has been with the company since 2010, and since 2013 has enjoyed a position in Global Operations Management. In this role, he works to provide supervision and governance to the Operations Model, developed as it related to positions and costs globally for the Operations team. He also assesses and implements standards and optimization across the organization, ensuring that everyone within the Operations division is performing at a high standard.
His noteworthy achievements in this position are several. They include:
- He helped to implement a process by which the organization can track its resourcing levels, project internal and external costs, and ultimately determine avenues for savings.
- David Munoz, Rutherford, N.J., resident, standardized the way Operations structures its recruitment practices and implemented measures for tracking various aspects.
- He helped to develop a program to implement a Training Academy, ensuring that new hires are all appropriately trained.
- He implemented a cross-platform Service Desk to support clients around the organization.
Before he assumed his position on this team, he worked within the Global Service Delivery Management division of Deutsche Bank. His key responsibilities here included providing operational leadership, identifying areas for optimization and development of service delivery resources. He was also responsible for delivering the Service Delivery report to senior executives and to the top five clients around the bank; this report noted the time to market durations and the company’s ability to meet its proprieties and its foremost goals.
Munoz, a Rutherford, N.J., resident, has enjoyed prestigious appointments at other organizations, as well—including a ten-year tenure at the National Basketball Association. He worked for the NBA from 1999 through 2009, and is proud of the time he spent alongside the world’s top basketball professionals.
His title at the NBA was Senior Director of Infrastructure Tech, Events and Game Operations. In this role, David Munoz, Rutherford, N.J., resident, provided operational leadership of the NBA’s IT Support team, including the Help Desk. He was responsible for Infrastructure Game Operations and Support across all of the NBA’s arenas—to say nothing of the WMBA and NBDL.
At the NBA, he implemented various technologies and processes that have improved the efficiency and quality of the organization’s support system. He also played a vital role in the expansion of the NBA into Asian markets, including building NBA equivalent arenas throughout China.
David Munoz, Rutherford, N.J., resident, can boast a number of other achievements from his NBA days, as well. He helped to elevate the IT department in the role of planning and implementing remote events. He negotiated hundreds of contracts to improve quality of service while still meeting all of the organization’s budgetary objectives. Finally, he maintained 100 percent network and voice uptime during his time managing events.
Before the NBA job, he enjoyed a couple of other prestigious positions. Most notable, perhaps, is the time he spent at Chase Manhattan Bank, between 1996 and 1999. He worked first as an IT manager and then, for two years, as a senior project manager.
Clearly he is good at what he does—yet what matters most to Munoz is his family. He is not only a devoted husband, but also an involved father of three boys. He loves nothing more than spending time coaching them in their athletics. David is passionate about work and family, and strives to balance the two.
What challenges and opportunities does the future hold for David Munoz, Rutherford, N.J., resident? It’s impossible to say for sure, but he says that he is ready for whatever comes his way. He takes pride in working hard, and hopes to continue challenging himself within his professional career.
The concept of challenging oneself is an important one to him. In fact, while Munoz has no specific goal for his career, he does know that it is important to keep pressing himself and opening himself up to new experiences. He feels strongly that this is the only way to grow, as a professional and simply as a person.
This explains why his career path has included so many twists and turns. David Munoz, Rutherford, N.J., resident, always asks himself this question before taking a new job: Am I going to be challenged? If he does not see an opportunity to grow, he is not interested—simple as that.
Of course, Munoz has personal goals, as well. He would like to continue being the best husband and father that he can be. He is heavily involved with the lives of his kids, and in particular he is involved in their youth athletics. There is really nothing that he loves more than spending time with his kids at their sporting events, and he looks forward to doing more of this in the weeks and months to come.
There is no telling what the future will bring, then—but Munoz stands ready to face each new challenge and every fresh opportunity!