Type someone's name
Completed is the world's first standardized rating system for all people in business. Search for someone and rate them. If they don't exist, add them to Completed.
Eric Ibegbu doesn't have any reviews yet
A gastroenterologist at Atlantic Medical Group PC, Eric Ibegbu serves patients in East and Coastal Carolina. With two locations, one in Kinston, North Carolina, and one in Jacksonville, North Carolina, this medical facility is able to provide support to individuals with regard to gastrointestinal conditions and procedures.
Below are some of the procedures that are offered by him.
- Capsule Endoscopy for Small Intestine Screening: This procedure allows doctors to look at the small intestine. They examine this organ, looking for ulcers, inflammation, bleeding, or abnormal growths. Noninvasive, this entails swallowing a small pill that contains a camera (called an endoscope). This camera video records its journey through the small intestine, wirelessly sending video to a recorder that is then analyzed by the doctor.
- Colon Polypectomy: Abnormal growths, which are called polyps, are removed from the colon with a colonoscope. This is a small camera with a light that is attached to a flexible tube, which allows it to move within the body easily. When polyps are located they are removed.
- Colonoscopy: This screening looks for issues within the large intestine. Inflammation, polyps, ulcers, and other concerns are identified during this procedure.
- Upper Endoscopy: Using an endoscope, this procedure examines the esophagus, upper duodenum, and stomach. Any irregularities, such as inflammation or abnormal growths, are noted and addressed.
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatogram (ERCP): This procedure goes a bit further into the body than the upper endoscopy, as it looks at the duodenum, gallbladder, bile ducts, and pancreatic duct.
Eric Ibegbu is a highly trained and experienced gastroenterologist. Currently, he is part of the Atlantic Medical Group PC, which has two locations in North Carolina (Kinston and Jacksonville).
Eric Ibegbu: Qualifications in the Medical Field
He graduated from the University of Florida Health Sciences Center in Jacksonville, Florida. In fact, he completed some of the most important educational milestones at this organization. These include his medical training (formal medical school), internship, residency, and fellowship (which he completed in gastroenterology and hepatology).
After completing the steps necessary to become a licensed and qualified gastroenterologist, he continued earning an education. He went on to complete advanced training with regard to therapeutic endoscopy. Now well known for his ability to provide endoscopic procedures, he trained in endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreaticography and endoscopic ultrasound.
Eric Ibegbu earned the attention of numerous medical boards through his work. As a result, he is now a diplomate of the American Board of Internal Medicine. Additionally, he is a diplomate of the American Board of Gastroenterology.
Academic Appointments and Publications
In addition to his work as the president and medical director of Atlantic Medical Group PC and ESI Medical Research, PLLC, he works at East Carolina University. He serves as an assistant professor of medicine in the Gastroenterology Department. Located in Greenville, North Carolina, East Carolina University is one of the most popular schools in the state.
In terms of publications, Eric Ibegbu has penned numerous articles. Many of his pieces have been published in peer-reviewed journals. This is a wonderful achievement, as peer-reviewed journals require other doctors to approve content before it is published, meaning that having a published article indicates that colleagues believe that one's work is relevant and valuable to other members of the field. Two of the journals in which Dr. Ibegbu has been published are The American Journal of Gastroenterology and the World Journal of Gastroenterology.
In addition to these achievements, Dr. Ibegbu has been recognized as a fellow of the American College of Gastroenterology. Additionally, he is honored to be a fellow of the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy.
What Does Dr. Ibegbu Treat?
The professionals at Atlantic Medical Group PC offer diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to address several gastrointestinal conditions. These include:
- Colorectal Cancer: This particular cancer is present in the colon (colon cancer), the rectum (rectal cancer), or both. Polyps of abnormal tissue grow and, overtime, can become cancerous masses.
- Gallstones: When liquid bile hardens within the gallbladder it can form small, hard, pebble-like stones. These can range in size tremendously and can be extremely painful.
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease: The lower esophageal sphincter is a valve that is supposed to close after food is eaten, thereby keeping stomach acids, food, and other substances from reentering the esophagus. When this sphincter does not work, these items can make their way back up the esophagus and cause irritation.
- Heartburn: Heartburn is one of the symptoms of gastroesophageal reflux disease, but it is also a common condition in and of itself. When acid, food, and other liquids reenter the esophagus from the stomach they can cause a very painful burning sensation.
- Hemorrhoids: A hemorrhoid develops when a vein in the anus or rectum becomes inflamed. The vein then swells and can be located both internally and externally. However, it is important to note that internal hemorrhoids are not as painful as the external ones, although they can protrude and cause a great deal of discomfort.
Putting Patients First
Ultimately, Atlantic Medical Group PC is dedicated to providing patients with the highest degree of care possible. With so many advances in technology, medical research, and pharmaceutical development, it is important to the team to constantly update its knowledge. Eric Ibegbu and the rest of the staff are devoted to continual professional development to ensure that they offer up-to-date, cutting-edge care to each and every patient.
Eric Ibegbu is dedicated to continuing to provide his patients with the best support possible. Through his practice, he will keep offering up-to-date diagnostic techniques. By doing so, he can better identify and address any health concerns that his patients may be facing.
Diagnostic techniques have made great strides in the last few decades. Today's gastroenterologists have access to cutting-edge resources that make it easier for them to detect problems, such as cancer, at earlier stages than ever before. To best serve his patients, he is looking forward to continuing to update his diagnostic practices to reflect the latest advances in the field.
Therapeutic techniques, like diagnostics, are also improving in quality and accuracy. Dr. Ibegbu is looking forward to continually updating the therapies that his office offers in order to stay current with the latest research. Additionally, strides in medical devices and pharmaceutical development are anticipated to continue improving the level and quality of care provided to patients.
In the future, Dr. Ibegbu is also looking forward to incorporating the smart pill into his practice. This is the first of its kind, and he anticipates that it will create a great deal of buzz in the field due to its sophistication and implications for the practice area's future.
During the next year, Atlantic Medical Group PC is expecting to grow with the addition of a new associate. According to Eric Ibegbu, the practice is looking to open new office locations to better serve patients.
No Greatest Attributes Specified
No Greatest Business Achievements Specified
No Worst Failures in Business Specified