Type someone's name
Completed is the world's first standardized rating system for all people in business. Search for someone and rate them. If they don't exist, add them to Completed.
Gary Blonder doesn't have any reviews yet
Gary Blonder is a businessman and philanthropist who is active in the boating and yachting industry.
Gary Blonder is currently active within the boating and yachting industry. He has run a number of successful businesses within this industry, including World Group and Ocean Wave Yacht Charter, a luxury-yacht chartering business which charters yachts for a number of different occasions, including birthday yacht charters, wedding yacht charters, corporate event yacht charters and more. His success within the industry has earned him numerous mentions in trade publications, including Yachting and Boating International, as well as a number of well-known publications such as Time magazine, Forbes, The Wall Street Journal, and Inc. magazine.
Currently, Gary Blonder is considered one of the industry’s leading yacht experts and consultants. Throughout his time within the industry, he has owned and operated a number of different yachts for commercial purposes. Additionally, Gary often takes part in the design, construction and development of various yachting projects. Blonder’s extensive experience and success has afforded him a broad and loyal client base. He currently owns a number of different yachts which clients can charter for a variety of different functions, from a one-day event to a week-long vacation. Blonder is well known within his community as a businessman who places the upmost importance on impeccable service and customized care, providing charter services individualized for each client’s specific needs. Additionally, Blonder is an active philanthropist, and donates his time and money to a number of different organizations.
The way Gary Blonder became involved with the yachting and boating industry is quite unusual. In fact, Blonder started his career in the automotive industry. After working in the industry for a short amount of time, Blonder’s career began to take off. His success within the used car parts industry afforded him with clients in various parts of the country, and he soon found himself traveling extensively by helicopter for different ventures. Blonder recognized that there was a market for individuals looking to travel by helicopter, and came up with the idea of building a business based solely on helicopter charters. He successfully leased and chartered helicopters to the television industry.
Gary Blonder sold the used car parts business and began to build his helicopter charter business, which became immediately successful. While expanding his business, he began to develop a personal interest in yachts, and eventually bought one for his own use. As his interest in yachting developed, he began to wonder if there was a market for yacht charters the same way there was one for helicopter charters, and quickly realized that many of his clients were interested in chartering yachts as well. With this realization, he sold the helicopter charter business and established himself within the yachting and boating business.
Blonder had no trouble establishing a client base within the yacht chartering business; many of the clients he had cultivated during his helicopter chartering days followed him to his yacht business, expecting to receive the same level of customer service and attention to detail. Gary Blonder slowly built his yacht chartering business from the ground up; eventually establishing a business that chartered trips for a variety of different occasions, including weddings, birthdays, vacations and corporate events. As he built his business, Blonder remained dedicated to customer service and customized care, ensuring that each trip was individualized to meet the client’s specific needs.
While he built up his yacht chartering business, Blonder’s personal interest in yachting continued to grow. Over time, he began to learn more about yacht design and construction, and eventually began consulting on yachting projects in addition to his yacht chartering business. Over the years, Gary Blonder built up his relationships within the yachting and boating industry meeting with shipyards around the world and developed yachting milestones.
Yachting isn’t the only form of transportation Gary Blonder is passionate about, however; as his interest in yachting grew, he became more involved in the boating industry, eventually becoming interested in construction of large yachts.
As his business became more successful, Gary Blonder dedicated himself to giving back to others, and became involved in several philanthropic organizations. In the past, he has dedicated his time to several worthy causes around the country, and his generosity has helped several of these organizations put on events to raise both awareness and much-needed funds. He is passionate about several causes, including:
● Boys and Girls Clubs, a country-wide organization consisting of local chapters which provide after-school programs for young people in the community. These programs include education and career programs, character and leadership programs, health and life skills programs, arts programs, and sports and fitness programs, among others.
● Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to finding a cure for cystic fibrosis and improving the lives of those with the disease. The organization raises awareness surrounding the disease and funds research for a cure.
● Audubon Society, which works to conserve Connecticut’s environment through education and advocacy focused on the state’s bird population and habitats.
● Darrell Gwynn Foundation, an organization which provides support for people with paralysis through, among other things, a wheelchair donation program, and works to prevent spinal cord injuries through education programs. Additionally, the foundation helps support organizations dedicated to finding cures for paralysis.
● The Children’s Place at HomeSafe, Inc., a non-profit organization dedicated to helping children who have been victims of domestic abuse. The organization offers several programs aimed at identifying and preventing child abuse and neglect, teaching at-risk youth life skills, and providing intervention, prevention and therapeutic services to victims of domestic violence and their children.
● Republican Party of Palm Beach, which promotes Republican ideals and principles within Palm Beach County.
● Boca Raton Concours d’Elegance, an annual automobile show which benefits the Boys and Girls Clubs of Broward County
No Bio Specified
No Education Specified
No Greatest Attributes Specified
No Greatest Business Achievements Specified
No Worst Failures in Business Specified