This Policy — together with the User Agreement, which are incorporated herein by reference — describes how we collect, use, and disclose information on or through the Services. Please note that the Policy does not apply to activities that are “offline” or unrelated to the Services unless otherwise expressly set forth below. By accessing or interacting with the Services, you agree to the terms and conditions of the Policy.
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Completed and its service providers collect two main types of information through the Services: Personal Information and Other Information.
“Personal Information” refers to information that can be used to contact you or identify you as a particular individual. The specific kinds of Personal Information we collect through the Services typically depend on the exact nature of our relationship with you, but might include:
- Full name;
- Address (e.g., postal, billing, shipping, etc.);
- Telephone number including cell number;
- Fax number;
- E-mail address;
- Date of birth;
- Payment information (e.g., credit or debit card number, expiration date, other financial account details, etc.);
- User ID, login name, screen name, nickname, or handle and password;
- Social media accounts and/or IDs;
- Likeness and physical characteristics (e.g., profile picture, eye and hair color, height, etc.); and
- Details regarding background or preferences (e.g., interests, nicknames, favorite quote, etc.);
- IP Address;
- School, workplace and job position and history of such workplace or job or school;
- Criminal record
“Other Information” refers to any information that does not reveal your specific identity or directly relate to you as an individual. We collect a number of different types of Other Information through the Services, including but not limited to:
- Browser and device information (e.g., browser/device type, UDID, geographic location, etc.);
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags, and other tracking technologies;
- Demographic and other similar information you provide (e.g., gender, ethnicity, relationship status, etc.); and
- Aggregated or otherwise de-identified information.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We and our service providers may collect Personal Information through the Services in a variety of ways, including:
- Voluntary Submissions.We collect Personal Information from you or others when you or others elect to voluntarily provide it to us. For example, certain features of the Services are only accessible by individuals who have registered and created an account with Completed (collectively, “Members”). In order to become a Member, you must first complete our log in. You can also enter certain other details about yourself on your profile page (e.g., job and education history). The information you provide during the registration process allows Completed to create a unique profile for you on the Services (your “Member Profile”), which may be supplemented with other information as described herein.
Please note that if you choose to provide us with Personal Information relating to other people, you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use the information in accordance with the terms and conditions set forth in this Policy. You should also be aware that any Personal Information you submit through public areas of the Services (e.g., blogs, forums, people search pages, etc.) can be viewed, collected, and possibly used by others, both on the Services (e.g., to send you unsolicited messages) and potentially on third-party services to the extent permissible under this Policy. We encourage Members and non-Members to refrain from disclosing Personal Information within such public areas of the Services that they do not wish to share.
- Third-Party Sources.We may acquire Personal Information about you from other sources, such as: people who provide reviews about you, public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms, people with whom you are friends or have otherwise connected on social media platforms, and other third parties.
Although Completed will not create a Member Profile for you unless you request that we do so, we also maintain a database of public domain information gathered from other sources. Please note that we may use this information to create public profiles for non-Members (“Public Profiles”), as well as to allow Members to add to their existing Member Profiles. Members and non-Members can use the Services to search for individuals from their past using various parameters, and the results of their searches may include public domain information from Public Profiles and/or Member Profiles. If people search for you on the Internet (e.g., through a third-party search engine like Google or Yahoo!), their search results may also include links to your Public Profile and/or Member Profile on the Services.
Examples of the ways in which we may collect Other Information from you include the following:
Although most Internet browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, you can generally find a “help” section on the browser toolbar that will inform you how to configure your browser settings to warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or to reject cookies entirely. If you disable cookies, however, you will not have access to many features that make your interactions with the Services more efficient and some of the Services’ features may not function properly.
- Web Beacons and Other Tracking Technologies.A web beacon (sometimes referred to as a “pixel tag” or a “clear GIF”) is a programming code that can be used to display an image on a website, e-mail, or other communication. Web beacons are typically one-pixel, transparent images and are used to transfer an individual’s unique user identification (often in the form of a cookie) to a database in order to associate that individual with previously acquired information about him/her in a database. They allow third parties to obtain information such as the IP address of the computer that accesses the website on which the beacon appears, the URL of such a website, the time that such a website was viewed, the type of browser used to view such a website, and the information contained in any cookies set by the third party.
We may use web beacons and other similar tracking technologies to help us better manage content on the Services by informing us what content is effective. For example, web beacons allow us to measure the success of our marketing campaigns by providing insight into the actions taken by users of the Services (e.g., compiling statistics about the rate at which certain marketing e-mails are opened by their intended recipients). These technologies may also be used to help us remember who you are and track your account preferences.
- Log Files.As is true of most online services, we automatically collect and store certain Other Information in our server log files each time a user accesses the Services. This information may include, for example: computer or device IP address, Internet browser type, Internet Service Provider (“ISP”), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and click stream data. We use this information for purposes such as: analyzing trends, administering the Services, tracking user activities on the Services, and gathering demographic information about our user base as a whole.
- Information You Provide.We collect Other Information that you choose to voluntarily provide to us through the Services as well as others provide to us. For example, you or others may have the opportunity to submit your location or indicate your preferred means of communication with Completed.
- Aggregated Information.Occasionally, Completed will combine Personal Information and other data to create de-identified information about groups or particular types of individuals that access the Services. Such aggregated Personal Information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Services as an individual and is considered Other Information for the purposes of this Policy. As an example, we may aggregate Personal Information from many different users to calculate the percentage of our total user base who have a particular area code.
Interest-Based Advertising and Third Parties
Completed has relationships with certain third-party service providers who place advertisements on our behalf on other websites, perform tracking and other similar functions for the Services and our advertisements, and assist us in providing you with customer support. We may share information with these companies in accordance with the terms and conditions set forth in this Policy and we may share the information with any other parties in furtherance of our business purposes. In addition, they may automatically collect information about your interaction with the Services (e.g., IP address, Internet browser type, online activity, etc.) through the use of tracking technologies such as cookies and web beacons. Among other things, this information is typically used to present you with advertisements tailored to your interests and better understand how the Services are being used.
The use of tracking technologies by third parties on the Services is governed by their respective privacy policies, and is not controlled by this Policy. Some of these third-party companies may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers additional information regarding cookies and web beacons, as well as a single location to opt out of interest-based advertising from member companies (www.networkadvertising.com. You may also opt out of the use of certain cookies by Completed’s third-party advertising partners by visiting http://www.privacychoice.org/companies or http://aboutads.info/choices. If you would like more information about interest-based advertising on the Services and to know your choices about not having this information used by our advertising partners, please click here.
Third-Party Websites and Services
The Services and certain communications you receive from Completed may contain links to websites and/or other online content that are owned and operated by third parties. The information practices of any such third-party websites or online services are not covered by this Policy. Completed cannot control the treatment of your information by these third parties, and their privacy practices likely differ from those described in the Policy. We strongly encourage you to review the privacy practices of any such third parties prior to disclosing any Personal Information to them. If you have any questions regarding their collection, use, or disclosure of your information, you must contact the relevant third party directly.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION BY COMPLETED
Completed uses the information we collect about you through the Services (including Personal Information) in order to, among other things:
- Confirm and complete the transactions you request;
- Operate, monitor, manage, improve, and expand the Services and/or our business activities;
- Provide you with customer service support and other requested information or services;
- Respond to your inquiries and resolve your problems or disputes;
- Develop, enhance, and market our products and services or the products and services of third parties;
- Communicate with you about your interactions with the Services and your Completed account;
- Provide you with promotional offers, administrative materials, and other related content (including interest-based advertising);
- Personalize your content and experiences on the Services;
- Allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests, or promotions upon your request (note that these activities may be sponsored by third parties and additional rules or disclosures may apply to the treatment of your Personal Information — we encourage you to carefully read the terms and conditions applicable to any sweepstakes, contests, or promotions prior to enrolling);
- Facilitate social sharing, messaging, or other similar functionalities on the Services;
- Do anything within Completed’s business purposes or in furtherance of the Services;
- Protect the rights or property of Completed or third parties (including through the enforcement of this Policy, the User Agreement, and other applicable agreements and policies); and
- Comply with legal or other regulatory requirements.
We may also use your Personal Information for other purposes when you provide us with prior consent to use your information in such a manner. For example, we may use Personal Information in accordance with disclosures made available to you when you submit that information through the Services, or as otherwise disclosed in this Policy.
Please note that unless expressly stated herein, Completed may use and disclose Other Information for any purposes allowed by applicable laws and regulations. Under certain circumstances we may combine Other Information (e.g., a Member’s geographical location) with Personal Information (e.g., the Member’s name).
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION WITH OTHER COMPANIES
We may share the Personal Information that is collected on or through the Services with third parties, including but not limited to the following circumstances:
- We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties in furtherance of our business purposes or the Services.
- Compelled Disclosures.On rare occasions, we may share your Personal Information when we reasonably believe that we are compelled to do so by government authorities or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable laws and regulations (e.g., pursuant to law enforcement inquiries, subpoenas, court orders, etc.). Completed may also share your Personal Information with third parties if we believe in good faith that disclosure is appropriate to protect our rights, property, or safety (including the enforcement of this Policy, the User Agreement and any other applicable agreements and policies), or to protect the rights, property, or safety of third parties.
- Agents & Service Providers.Completed may disclose Personal Information to our trusted agents and service providers so that they can perform requested services on our behalf. For example, we may engage third parties to assist with: website hosting, data analysis, marketing efforts, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, e-mail delivery, credit card processing, auditing, and other similar services. These entities are generally prohibited from using such information for purposes unrelated to providing Completed with the requested services (e.g., using your Personal Information for their own direct marketing purposes).
- Change of Control Transactions.In the event that we file for bankruptcy, or Completed is (or substantially all of its assets are) acquired by a third party pursuant to an acquisition, merger, sale, reorganization, liquidation, or similar business transfer, the Personal Information stored in our databases may be one of the transferred assets.
- Public Submissions.Information and materials you submit to public areas of the Services (e.g., message boards, profile pages, blogs, forums, etc.) will become public information that may be available to users of the Services and to the general public. For example, if you create, claim, or register a Public Profile through the Services, the information associated with your Public Profile (including Personal Information) may be disclosed to Members and non-Members through the Services, as well as through third-party search engines and similar online services. We urge you to be careful when deciding to make Personal Information publicly accessible on the Internet, including through the public portions of the Services. Your submissions are subject to our User Agreement
- Non-Personal Information.Completed may collect, use, and share Other Information in any manner not otherwise prohibited by this Policy, without additional notice or compensation to you.
Collection of your Personal Information
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein:
Completed.com may collect personally identifiable information, including but not limited to, your name, address, phone number, job and education information and e-mail address. If you purchase Completed.com products and services, we may in connection with those products and services, create a publicly visible profile that includes your name/company name and photographs. In addition we will collect billing and credit card information. This information is used to complete the purchase transaction. Completed.com may also collect anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your age and gender. We may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future. Completed.com reserves all rights to collect any data that it may need in the future.
Completed.com may also collect information on you from other sources and use that information on Completed.com for any reason, including but not limited to its business purpose.
Information about your computer/device hardware and software may be automatically collected by Completed.com. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Completed.com website.
Please keep in mind that if you disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data on Completed.com, this information may be collected and used by others.
Completed.com encourages you to review the privacy statements of websites you choose to link to from Completed.com so that you can understand how those websites collect, use and share your information. Completed.com is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on websites outside of the Completed.com website.
You are able to connect your third party social media to Completed.com, including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. BY CONNECTING YOUR COMPLETED.COM ACCOUNT TO YOUR THIRD PARTY ACCOUNTS OR BY OTHERWISE USING COMPLETED.COM IN ANY WAY, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU ARE CONSENTING TO THE CONTINUOUS RELEASE OF INFORMATION ABOUT YOU TO OTHERS (IN ACCORDANCE WITH YOUR PRIVACY SETTINGS ON THOSE THIRD PARTY SITES). IF YOU DO NOT WANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU, INCLUDING PERSONALLY IDENTIFYING INFORMATION, TO BE SHARED IN THIS MANNER, DO NOT USE THIS FEATURE OR THE SITE.
Use of your Personal Information
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein:
Completed.com collects and uses your personal information to provide, maintain, protect and improve upon its products, services, and the operation of its website. This includes, but is not limited to, keeping records of your communication with Completed.com and using your e-mail address to inform you about upcoming changes or improvements to our services or that of our affiliates.
Completed.com may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from Completed.com and its affiliates. Completed.com may also contact you via e-mail or other means through other modes of communication with surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
Completed.com may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is transferred to the third party. Completed.com may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis or for other reasons, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries or by other means.
If you are a resident of California, under 18 and a registered user of the Services, you may ask us to remove content or information that you have posted to the Services by writing to Admin@Completed.com. Please note that your request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information, as, for example, some of your content may have been reposted by another user.
If you elect to register for the Services and become a Member, we and our partners may contact you with promotional offers and other similar correspondences.
In addition to such promotional e-mails, Completed offers all Members access to e-mail newsletters and e-mail updates (e.g., announcing special offers, new features on the Services, account activity, etc.) upon registration for the Services. These communications may contain material is promotional in nature, including offers from our marketing partners. Members can opt-out of receiving e-mail newsletters or updates that may contain promotional material by following the “unsubscribe” procedures at the bottom of the relevant communication. Please note that Completed reserves the right to contact you with transactional e-mails containing important information relating to your Completed account or the Services (e.g., renewal notifications, general system or administrative messages, address confirmations, payment receipts, etc.) without offering you the opportunity to opt-out. Thus, even if you elect to unsubscribe from any promotional e-mails and promotionally-oriented newsletters or e-mail updates, you may continue to receive customary business communications from Completed.
If you are a non-Member and are receiving Completed marketing e-mails from which you would like to opt-out, please simply follow the “unsubscribe” procedures at the bottom of the relevant communication. Non-Members can also unsubscribe from all future Completed e-mail communications by contacting Admin@Completed.com
If you elect to use our referral service to inform a friend about the Services, we will ask you for your friend’s name and e-mail address. Completed will automatically send your friend an e-mail inviting him or her to visit the Services, as well as two additional reminder e-mails if he or she does not respond to our initial e-mail. Completed stores this information on our systems and may use it for purposes such as: sending the referral e-mails you request, tracking the success of our referral program, and locating contacts across the Internet.
DATA SECURITY, INTEGRITY, AND RETENTION
Information collected through the Services is submitted to Completed and/or our service providers, and is hosted and stored by us (or by service providers on our behalf) in databases on servers situated in the U.S. and/or internationally. By providing us with information through the Services, you consent to the processing of such information in any and all such locations, including the U.S., which may have different data protection laws than those of your country of residence.
Your privacy is very important to Completed and we are committed to protecting your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. To this end, we have implemented reasonable physical, technical, and administrative security measures for the Services that comply with applicable industry standards. This includes our practice of encrypting sensitive information submitted through the Services (e.g., credit card information provided on our order forms) with secure socket layer (“SSL”) technology.
It is your responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of your username and password on the Services. You are responsible for all uses of your password, whether or not such use has been authorized by you.
Despite our efforts to protect your Personal Information, the transmission of data over the Internet inherently requires the use of systems under the control of third parties. As a result, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, or you would simply like additional information regarding how we store and protect data, please contact Admin@Completed.com
Completed understands the importance of protecting children’s privacy in the interactive world. We do not use the Services to knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of thirteen (13) without parental consent. If you are a child under 13 years of age, please do not send any information about yourself to us through the Services. The Services are not intended for use by children.
In the event that Completed becomes aware that we have collected Personal Information from any child, we will dispose of that information in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and other applicable laws and regulations. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should promptly contact Admin@Completed.com.
We may, in our sole discretion, make changes to this Policy from time to time in order to accommodate new technologies, industry practices, regulatory requirements, or for other purposes. The most recent version of the Policy will always be posted to the Services. If we do make any changes, we will also update the “Effective Date” legend at the top of this Policy and we may provide you with other forms of notice as well. We encourage you to review the Policy periodically to ensure that you understand how we collect, use, and share information through the Services.
Analytics companies may access data (such as your IP address or device ID) to help us understand how our services are used. They use this data solely on our behalf. They do not share it except in aggregate form; no data is shared as to any individual user.
Completed is committed to maintaining the security of information under our control. We have taken security measures, consistent with reasonable industry practices, to protect your personal information. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy and ensure correct use of information, we have put in place industry-accepted physical, technical and administrative practices to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Other Terms and Conditions
Please review the User Agreement, which sets out other important terms of your use of the Application.
If you have any questions or concerns about this Policy or our privacy practices on the Services, please write to us at:
Effective Date: October 13, 2018