Donna Brown is a confident, highly motivated and energetic Social Media, Blogging and Promotions Consultant with a proven track record of delivering within fiercely competitive online and publishing environments. An enthusiastic problem solver who can identify issues and resolve them quickly to create ambitious and engaging output that adds genuine value.
I'm currently working as a self-employed Social Media, Blogging and Promotions Consultant and have been providing full-time support to a bestselling author for the past two years. I'm also a blogger and book reviewer. I manage the blog The Mrs B-Line and also contribute to A Life in Words and The Diary of Mr Kain.
From 2011-2013 I contributed to the independent publishing community by setting up, funding and running an voluntary online community, The Indie Exchange, where readers, bloggers and authors could connect. This opened up a range of promotional opportunities for authors and introduced many readers to new works.
Donna Brown began working at 17 for a further education college before progressing quickly into more demanding roles, first for a large media firm and then for an online research company. Taking on more responsibility from 2003-2007, Donna worked as a Claims Supervisor for a large insurance company, before moving to a local government position. In 2011, Donna set up her own business providing consultations and advice on social media, content marketing, blog setup and management and content creation. She has been self-employed since then.
Donna Brown aims to continue working in the areas of social media, content marketing, community management and content creation, seeing the future as very much rooted in how we connect with one another in a digital age and how the online world is changing. An avid internet user, learner and reader, Donna Brown is keen to see how upcoming technology changes the face of commerce, education and social innovation across the world.
Thank you for your request.
In order to take down/remove this review/comment, you should claim this account. Do you want to proceed to the Claiming page?
Tunxis Community College
Wasson High School
Diploma, General Studies, Graduated 3.5
The Open University
Higher Education Certificates: Social Sciences, Natural Sciences , I completed two Higher Education Certificates and also completed standalone modules in Biology, Creative Writing, German, Technology and Politics
Med Tech of VA
CNA, Nursing assistant
MED TECH of VA
Ryburn Valley High , Huddersfield
A Levels: German, English Literature, Business Studies, General Studies , I also hold GCSEs in Mathematics, Science (Dbl), English, English Literature, German, Business Studies, History. Additionally, I have RSA Word Processing up to and including Stage III Part II
S.U.N.Y. at Stony Brook
Glencliff Comprehensive High School
Jefferson State College
EC goodwin tech
University of San Diego
Pace University - Lubin School of Business
Pace University Lubin Graduate School of Business
Sunrise Aviation @ McMinn Airport
Commercial MultiEngine Instrument Pilot's License
University of Central Florida
Hospital Corpsman School
US Navy Hospital Corpsman Rating
American Institute through American University, Washington, D.C.,
Project Manager , Home-based , • Successfully providing novice and experienced authors with project support, and developing and implementing social media and marketing strategies that deliver against objectives
• Providing advice on blogging, social media and author platform building
• Advising on planning and implementation, sharing lessons learned and tips
• Maintaining a supportive and encouraging online environment for members
Social Media, Blogging and Promotions Consultant , • Successfully applying first-rate writing and sub-editing skills to a range of projects on behalf of clients
• Tirelessly researching and developing knowledge to maintain adaptability to different writing styles, and understand and articulate different topics
• Building and maintaining productive and enduring relationships with clients, publishers, and thought leaders in blogging community
• Diligently cultivating a motivated, strong work ethic and the ability to hit tight deadlines
• Developing an outstanding knowledge of client data, areas of interest and commercial objectives
• Ensuring excellence is delivered at all times for all key projects
• Rapidly identifying target audience for client accounts through a thorough understanding of the readers' needs and interests
• Developing new proposals autonomously and delivering appropriate pitches to potential clients
• Successfully providing full-time assistance to bestselling author Terri Giuliano Long
• Providing high quality general support for a variety of tasks, ranging from blog/website management through to proofreading, social media support and blogger/reviewer outreach
• Developing and implementing engaging and far reaching marketing and promotional campaigns
• Managing the blog ‘The Mrs B-Line’ and regular contributor to the ‘Diary of Mr Kain' blog
Maxim Healthcare Staffing
Pikes Peak Credit Union
Pikes Peak Credit Union
Website Owner/Editor , Home-based , • Running and providing assistance to readers of FemaleGamers.co.uk, a gaming website aimed at female gamers and families
• Championing the contribution of female writers, gamers and users to the community, helping to identify talent and areas of interest
• Successfully creating and sourcing engaging web content to attract and retain readers
• Applying excellent interpersonal skills to liaise with PR Contacts effectively
Business Support Officer , Huddersfield , • Accurately completing data processing to ensure meaningful management information
• Rapidly resolving complaints and feedback, escalating issues as appropriate
• Liaising with nursery owners and managers to ensure the fullest understanding of requirements and priorities
WILLIAM W. BROTHERS
Travel Nurse, Jeff Freeman Nurse Recruiter
CNX Consol, Pittsburg, PA (Contact)
Lease acquisitions Title Search/ Right of ways, Crew Chief
Landsman - Abstractor, Landman, Crew Chief
Claims Supervisor , Leeds , • Communicating with and responding to policyholders and suppliers to investigate and settle claims, including delivering unwelcome decisions
• Making sound claims decisions to resolve claims effectively and efficiently
• Diplomatically explaining contractual obligations, including when the insurance company won't pay out where the claimant has accidentally broken their policy conditions
• Adhering to strict quality checks and observing all FSA and legal requirements
• POCA (Proceeds of Crime Act) liaison for the department, referring on cases of concern where relevant.
Legal Secretary (Temporary) , Leeds , Administrative support to the legal professionals.
Research Coordinator , London , • Accessing and organising online and offline resources
• Identifying problems and inconsistencies
• Writing up results for presentation and publication
Marketing Secretary/PA to Head of Marketing , Leeds , Administrative support to the Marketing team and PA support to the Head of Marketing.
Administrative Assistant , Halifax , Administrative support for the Integrated Arts faculty.
Medical Center of Louisiana
In-House Pool Nurse
Data Manager, Univ. of Alabama
A & H Coal Company
Company Employee/Family Business
United States Navy, South East Regional Medical Center
Emergency Room Hospital Corpsman during Vietnam Era
Project Supervisor, Landsman & Abstractor, Coal
Roadruck Chrstphel Invstgtions
Cusco Energy Resources, LLC
Cusco Energy Resources, LLC
President Of Cusco Energy Inc.Landman/Abstractor/ROW Agent
Completed aggregates publicly available information from government, social, and other sources, plus personal reviews written by others. Because Completed only collects this data and does not create it, we cannot fully guarantee its accuracy.