Type someone's name
Completed is the world's first standardized rating system for all people in business. Search for someone and rate them. If they don't exist, add them to Completed.
Very clever marketer. Very poor leader and people manager.
- Savvy, clever and well-thought out marketer.
- Very quick on the spot.
- Comes across as professional and put together.
- Not a "team" person, but a "me" person: Often wouldn't respond to emails (or would take a very long time) regarding items she was a gatekeeper for. However, she could be found posting to her social media account while items are being waited on for feedback or approval. It was so bad that people cringingly joked that if we wanted to get a hold of her, comment on one of her posts asking for approval and we would get a response in seconds.
- Not strong at creating the correct processes, often breaking her own processes and driving items past delivery date; also, grinding people into the ground while doing so.
- Never knew how to build a team. She wouldn't even create welcome lunches for new members on her team; others would do it (because they--rather than her--were team oriented).
- Despite working with creatives, created a toxic relationship for them, often with overly snarky comments in meetings towards them and their ideas. Among my experiences, this was some of the most uncomfortable and unprofessional I've ever come across at any company. I was shocked at how these were handled.
- Very poor communicator: She often kept her team out of the loop on items that were natural for them to be involved in (or at least know about). This created mistrust between her and her team members.
- Generally, couldn't be counted on as a leader to look out for her team members.
- Overall, created a toxic environment on her team and many lunches turned out to be therapy sessions as team members complained about her management style. She's just not a nice or good person--and it spilled over on to her team.
To be fair, she was very busy with a lot of responsibilities. With that said, it's easy to tell when someone is trying to be a good team player and leader and she was obviously not; just looking out for herself. It's gotten her far professionally but a lot of people hated working with and for her.
Katie is the perfect example of a boss vs. a leader. She's certainly the former. While she's savvy and as a like a cat, always lands on her feet, she made the work harder because as a professional, Katie only cares for Katie.
No Education Specified
No Core Competencies Specified
No Greatest Attributes Specified
No Greatest Business Achievements Specified
No Worst Failures in Business Specified